Permits & Applications (Planning & Development)
If you are unable to find what you're looking for, please contact us by email, phone 403-933-4348, or stop by the office.
We are located at:
301 Centre Avenue W
Box 10 Diamond Valley, Alberta T0L 0H0
- Business Licensing
- Development Permit Applications
- Building / Electrical / Gas / Plumbing Permits
- Certificates of Compliance
New resident and non-resident business can apply using the Business Licence Application.
Prior to applying for your new business licence, please ensure that there has been a current development permit (such as a Home Occupation Permit) issued for that use on that specific property. One of our Planning & Development staff members can assist you in determining what permits or approvals you need prior to opening.
- Development Permit Application (For use when building a new structure for commercial or residential uses, exterior renovations, garages, accessory buildings, etc.)
- Demolition Permit Application
- Home Occupation Permit Application
- Sign Permit Application (see Business Licensing tab for details)
Development & Related Fees
Master Fee Schedule (Fees effective as of January 1, 2023)
Design Guidelines for Development
Is your development within the Historic Downtown Design Standards?
Building, Electric, Gas & Plumbing Permitting
Park Enterprises Ltd. is the contracted company that services our permits. Payment and application submission can be made directly to Park Enterprises Ltd.
Permits are required for all new developments, buildings, additions, demolitions or alterations to your property or on existing structures. Development permits are needed to make sure that projects meet municipal land use bylaw regulations, while building permits ensure that National Building Code - 2019 Alberta Edition standards. Safety code permits are also required for changes in electrical, plumbing or gas.
To apply for any of the safety code permits please complete and submit the application and applicable fees and documents to Park Enterprises.
Forms and fee schedules may be subject to change; however, we make every attempt to maintain current and accurate information regarding permits and their corresponding fees.
For some commonly asked question please go to our Building Page.
Permit Application Forms
- Building Permit Application
- Electric Permit Application
- Gas Permit Application
- Plumbing Permit Application
- PSDS Permit Application