Forms & Applications
- Community Support Grant - Special Event or Project Funding Request
- Community Support Grant - Sponsorship / Donation Fundraising Request
- Community Support Grant - Application Budget Form
- Community Support Grant - Post-Event / Initiative Report Form
- Crescent Point Community Support Application
- 2023 Community Support Grant Policy and Procedures FINAL, 2023-07-04
New Residents, Taxes & Utilities
- Tax Certificate Request
- Move-In Notification
- Move-Out Notification
- Registration for e-Services (Electronic Billing)
- Utilities Payment Pre-Authorization
- Tax Installment Payment Program (TIPP) Application
- Renter - Notification of Utility Bill Authorization
- School Support Declaration
- Utility Connect and Disconnect Request
- Cancel or Change Pre-Authorized Payments - Utilities
- Cancel or Change Pre-Authorized Payments - Taxes (TIPP)
Planning & Development Forms
- Business Licensing
- Development Permit Applications
- Building / Electrical / Gas / Plumbing Permits
- Certificates of Compliance
New resident and non-resident business can apply using the Business Licence Application.
Prior to applying for your new business licence, please ensure that there has been a current development permit (such as a Home Occupation Permit) issued for that use on that specific property. One of our Planning & Development staff members can assist you in determining what permits or approvals you need prior to opening.
Development & Related Fees
Master Fee Schedule (Fees effective as of January 1, 2023)
Design Guidelines for Development
Is your development within the Historic Downtown Design Standards?
Building, Electric, Gas & Plumbing Permitting
Park Enterprises Ltd. is the contracted company that services our permits. Payment and application submission can be made directly to Park Enterprises Ltd.
Permits are required for all new developments, buildings, additions, demolitions or alterations to your property or on existing structures. Development permits are needed to make sure that projects meet municipal land use bylaw regulations, while building permits ensure that National Building Code - 2019 Alberta Edition standards. Safety code permits are also required for changes in electrical, plumbing or gas.
To apply for any of the safety code permits please complete and submit the application and applicable fees and documents to Park Enterprises.
Forms and fee schedules may be subject to change; however, we make every attempt to maintain current and accurate information regarding permits and their corresponding fees.
For some commonly asked question please go to our Building Page.
Permit Application Forms
Fees & Payment
A Compliance Certificate is a confirmation from the Town of Diamond Valley that the location of structures on a property comply with the Land Use Bylaw and have the appropriate development permits. This is confirmed on a Real Property Report (RPR) prepared by a registered Alberta land surveyor. The Town does not require property owners to obtain a Compliance Certificate, however, it is provided as a service when requested.
When Do I Need One?
A Compliance Certificate is usually a condition placed on the seller by either the purchaser or their lending institution in order to protect their clients' investments. Standard real estate purchase contracts often require the seller to obtain a Compliance Certificate.
A Compliance Certificate may be requested when:
• Real estate is sold, or purchased.
• Financial institutions require a statement when approving a mortgage.
• Lawyers representing home buyers request a compliance certificate.
Compliance verification includes:
• Review of the setbacks required by the Town of Turner Valley Land Use Bylaw for various types of improvements on the land (i.e. house, deck or garage).
• Encroachments into easements, rights-of-way and municipal properties (i.e. roads, lanes, etc.).
• A compliance certificate is issued by a compliance stamp on the real property report or a letter, depending on the findings of the review.
Verification does not include:
• Review of fences or walls between property owners.
• Completion of building permit requirements under the Alberta Building Code.
What happens once I submit my application?
If we require any clarification or additional information, we will contact you. Straightforward requests take approximately five (5) business days to process. Fast-track processing (two (2) business days) is available for an additional fee.
Did You Know?
• As a result of a review for a compliance certificate, landowners may be required to obtain the necessary permits for buildings constructed without proper approvals.
• It does not regulate or enforce any building code requirements or serve as a confirmation of permit history on a property.
• Non-compliant structures from before you owned a property may hinder receiving a compliance certificate for your property.
The Town of Diamond Valley accepts payment (cash, cheque, or debit) at either of our Municipal Office locations, and also via e-transfer sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or online via credit card through our Option Pay system.
Our regular business hours are 8:00am - 4:00pm Monday - Friday.
Phone 403-933-4348 or email email@example.com for more information.
Main Office (former Black Diamond office): 301 Centre Avenue W
Satellite Office (former Turner Valley office): 514 Windsor Avenue NW
Mail: Box 10, Diamond Valley, Alberta T0L 0H0