Garden & Tree Maintenance
Tree Pruning Courses
From time to time the Diamond Valley Parks and Recreation Board sponsors tree pruning courses to help our residents to maintain healthy trees in the Town of Diamond Valley. Watch for details of any upcoming courses. In the meantime, residents can reference the Town's Street Tree Maintenance Bylaw (PDF) for information on pruning trees.
Garden Water Conservation
- Prune knot-bearing branches during late fall, winter or very early spring. (you want to make sure the trees are dormant if possible to reduce chances of spread)
- Remove infected branches 6-8" below knot.
- Cutting blades/pruners, should be disinfected between EVERY CUT.
- For knots that can't be removed; cut away diseased tissue down to good wood at least 1/2 " beyond edge of the knot.
- Failure to remove branches beyond internal growth will result in re-growth of the fungus.
- DISEASED WOOD MUST BE DESTROYED by burning or burying IMMEDIATELY