- Town Services
- Fire Department
In an emergency please dial 911
Please note that if you call the fire hall directly, the phone may not be answered, as all of our firefighters are volunteers and the Stations are not permanently manned.
Diamond Valley Fire Department
The Diamond Valley Fire Department is made up of a team of dedicated, professionally-trained, paid-on-call firefighters.
The Fire Department provides fire and rescue services to the Town of Diamond Valley and Foothills County, as well as support to neighbouring departments.
The Diamond Valley Fire Department is comprised of two Stations:
- Station 2 (former Turner Valley)
- Station 3 (former Black Diamond)
Diamond Valley - Currently no fire bans or advisories
Foothills County - Currently no fire bans or advisories
For current updates and information on fire bans, please visit albertafirebans.ca
Any burning outside of an approved fire pit requires a burn (fire) permit. Any person wishing to obtain a fire permit must apply to the Fire Department via phone, 403.933.4348, or email to the Fire Chief or Deputy Fire Chief. Fire Permit applications may require an inspection of the area prior to approval.
Failure to comply with these regulations may result in charges or a fine.
Burn permits are required except when using acceptable outdoor fire pits. Acceptable fire pits meet the following criteria:
- must only be used for recreational fires;
- must maintain a minimum 3 meter separation from buildings, property lines and combustible material;
- must be enclosed with sides made from bricks, concrete blocks, heavy gauge metal or other non-combustible material accepted by the Fire Chief;
- must be equipped with a screen cover sufficient to contain and reduce airborne sparks;
- must not exceed a height of 0.6 meters when measured from the lowest point of the surrounding grade to the top of the pit opening; and,
- must not have an opening exceeding a width, length or diameter of 1 meter.
Launching of private fireworks is strictly prohibited in the Town of Diamond Valley except by permit. Contact the Fire Department to apply for a permit.
The Diamond Valley Fire Department accepts applications on an ongoing basis and has high recruitment standards. Firefighters must meet a number of requirements and enjoy many benefits from joining the team.
What does a firefighter do?
- Responds to emergency incidents where citizens require assistance (fire, motor vehicle accidents, medical emergencies, rescues);
- Interacts with the community to educate on fire safety;
- Attends regular training.
Requirements for recruitment
- A strong desire to learn and advance your experience and training including National Fire Protection Association courses that support the minimum standards for professional firefighters;
- Adequate physical fitness level to perform all duties of the job
- Residence within 7 km of the hall to ensure response times;
- Commitment to the department which means attending training events and being available to respond to calls day or night;
- 18 years of age or older;
- Professionalism while representing the department while in uniform, in trucks and on scene.
- Attend weekly training
- Attend weekend and evening training courses
- Be available to attend calls
- Work as a member of the team to ensure the hall, equipment and vehicles are kept in a ready state
- Assist with public education (school tours and visits, food drive, presentations, community events.)
Benefits of joining the team
- Opportunities to help people and the local community;
- A supportive team atmosphere with excellent people and equipment;
- Firefighter and medical training (NFPA 1001) at no cost
- Fun public engagement and fundraising events.
Applying to be a firefighter
Those considering applying to join the Diamond Valley Fire Department should first review the recruitment details outlined above and then read the Firefighter Candidate Pre-Recruitment Information and Fire Fighter Recruitment Brochure before submitting a completed Firefighter Application Form to the Town of Diamond Valley, Attn: Fire Department.